Introducing Matte - Shine Control Moisturizer
Matte is unique. It’s universal. It’s not like any of our other creams. And if you’re not sure this cream is for you, we will give you a full-size jar to try! During our Anniversary Celebrations in January, you receive a 2 oz jar of Matte as a free gift with purchase when you spend $125 or more on our website!
Let’s talk about Matte – the first thing you will notice when you open a jar of Matte is the natural and unique scent. It’s earthy. It’s woodsy, kind of oaky. It’s smoky. And sweet. It’s not like any of our other creams. We love this new scent! Of course – scent is subjective, but we hope you love it too…
Matte’s texture is more like a balm. This means less of a creamy texture, more of a firm or balmy texture. Scoop out a small amount and rub between your fingers – you will notice Matte melts into a silky texture and when applied to your skin, just…disappears into the skin, leaving a soft sheen.
Matte was designed to provide less shine than our other creams. To accomplish this, we use organic jojoba oil and organic, raw and unfiltered shea butter. These two moisturizing ingredients are blended with organic witch hazel extract, organic beeswax and honey + a dash of vitamin E. We wanted Matte to be compatible with all skin types, so we left out essential oils. The scent of this cream is all coming from the high-quality, raw organic ingredients.
It’s wonderful for the skin because it has absorption properties that are similar to our skin’s own sebum. It’s also great for scalp and hair. Here are some key benefits of jojoba oil:
- Excellent moisturizer
- Helps regulate sebum production
- It’s great for a wide range of skin types from dry to oily, sensitive, acne-prone, eczema and psoriasis
- Has antibacterial properties
- Is an antioxidant (contains vitamin E)
- Is noncomedogenic
- Is nonirritating and hypoallergenic
This is the star ingredient in Matte! Organic, raw and unfiltered shea butter is amazing for the skin. With its high concentration of vitamins and fatty acids, noncomedogenic properties and unique ability to soothe and nourish – it’s great for all skin types.
Here are some of the benefits of shea butter:
- It’s an excellent moisturizer for all skin types due to the variety of fatty acids
- It won’t make your skin oily
- Is anti-inflammatory and can help irritation (such as eczema, psoriasis, dandruff, dermatitis etc)
- Has antioxidant properties from high levels of vitamin A and E
- Has antifungal (can help acne and other skin issues)
- It’s healing properties may help appearance of stretch marks and scarring
- Collagen boosting and cell renewing properties (great to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles)
Organic witch hazel is extracted from the twigs and bark of the witch hazel tree (Hamamelis virginiana). The earthy and woodsy scent comes from this double-distilled, high-quality botanical and solvent-free potent extract.
Key benefits of witch hazel extract:
- It’s astringent and anti-inflammatory
- Protect skin by tightening and cleansing pores
- Nourishes skin with moisturizing properties
- Can help control acne by decreasing bacterial growth
- Speeds up the healing of skin
- Soothes the skin
Our organic beeswax and honey give Matte the unique golden color and slight sweet scent. We can go on and on about the benefits of organic beeswax and honey in our skin care, but here are some key attributes (you can learn more details here!):
- Beeswax softens, hydrates, moisturizes, and protect your skin
- Honey is a humectant and anti-irritant that stimulates collagen production
- Both beeswax and honey contain high levels of minerals, vitamins and natural enzymes that are beneficial to your skin
We use natural vitamin E derived from sunflower seeds. This helps prolong the shelf-life or the cream and is a powerful antioxidant. You can learn more about the vitamin E we use in this blog.
HOW TO USE
Matte can be used on your face, body, hands, feet, hair – basically everywhere! Just rub a small amount between your fingers or directly onto your skin to release the moisturizing ingredients.
Matte is beneficial for dry skin, combination and oily skin, mature skin, sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, problem skin like eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis, and so much more. We love using it on our hands because it has a less oily feel. We’ve seen great results on stretch marks. It has also been a common occurrence that men love Matte – probably because of its earthier scent and leaving less of a shine.
We all know the amazing benefits of organic, raw and unfiltered shea butter. It’s been used for centuries to heal skin and moisturize hair. However, in the natural skincare manufacturing, not everyone likes working with this amazing butter. Why? Well, it’s really hard to create a uniform fluffy cream with shea butter unless you use emulsifiers and stabilizers in the process. Rest assured - the only ‘emulsifier’ you will find in Matte is the organic witch hazel extract. This means that the texture of your Matte cream can change with temperature changes. You might notice small crystallized beads in your Matte. These beads are shea butter and they will dissolve as soon as you rub the cream between your fingers or onto your skin. The beads just show that we use absolutely no chemicals or synthetics in the product to stabilize it. Matte is as natural as it gets!